Local SEO & Why Local Search Is Important
Want a local audience to find your business online? Then you need to understand local SEO. Here’s how to make local search work for you.
Local search encompasses all those specific search terms that scream local, such as:
- lawyers near me
- Coffee near me
- Bakers in [city name]
- Painters in [city name]
Basically, local SEO is a strategic process that focuses on emphasizing the optimization efforts of local brick-and-mortar businesses.
on-page optimizations and link building all with a focused, localized intent are part of these efforts. The focus changes, however, when it comes to localizing link acquisition.
The focus changes to make sure all potential local signals across Google’s local search landscape are consistent and correct.
If they are not, or you accidentally provide different information for the same business, you could potentially experience situations where your local results display something different than what was intended.
Here are a few stats that prove how important local search continues to be for businesses:
- 50 percent of people who did a local search on their phone went to a physical store within one day.
- 34 percent who did their search on a computer or tablet did the same.
- 18 percent of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day.
- 60 percent of American adults conduct searches for local services or product information on tablets and smartphones.
- 50 percent of searchers on their mobile phones who conduct local searches are looking for things like a local business address.
- 78 percent of local-based searches on a mobile device end in purchases being made offline.
- 71 percent of people who have been surveyed have said they search for the location of a business in order to confirm its existence before going there for a first-time visit.
- 1 in 3 searches on a smartphone was conducted just before arriving at a store.
- 97 percent of consumers looked online for local businesses in 2017, with 12 percent looking for a local business online every day.
Who Benefits from Local SEO & Why?
Businesses that achieve the most and benefit from local SEO, are those that may require customer reviews and local address information prevalent in the search engine results pages. This need for information leads potential customers to businesses in the least amount of time.
Examples of these businesses include but are not limited to restaurants, doctors, plumbers, hospitals, bakers, photographers amongst others. In addition, it allows people to see, quite efficiently, the service provider providing the best quality service in the neighborhood.
Who will not Benefit from Local SEO?
While we may want for all businesses to benefit from local SEO, the reality is that some businesses just don’t lend themselves well to local SEO efforts.
Businesses like online-only eCommerce shops, local authors, businesses that don’t have local information or have non, and private online sellers who want to keep their information private are likely not great candidates for local SEO services.
If you want your local brick-and-mortar store to survive then you need to work on your local SEO, we would like to help you in that long journey. Talk to us our contact details are as below: